Technical Manager – Eindhoven – Software Vendor
Our client is an international software company. For the Benelux operation we are currently recruiting a Technical Manager. The Technical Manager will be based in Eindhoven and will lead the team of 7 Application Engineers (AEs). These AEs are pre-sales engineers that closely collaborate with the sales organization to build account strategies and to guide our customers throughout a technically complex selling process. The Technical Manager will work closely with the local sales team and the global technical, development and marketing teams to maximize the effectiveness of the team and the Benelux office.
You will work with our customers in the identification and adoption of technical software solutions to address their technical and business challenges. This role is covering a broad spectrum of applications varying from control design, signal processing, multi-domain dynamic and embedded systems, automatic code generation, high performance computing, to smart sensors, Big Data and Internet of Things. Customers can be found in a broad range of industries such as Automotive, Aerospace, Machine building, Industrial Automation and Finance.
The Technical Manager, who directly reports to the Managing Director, needs to have a strong industry background in order to understand how the introduction of software can help improve our customers’ workflow.
- Develop the organization and personally contribute at the individual, functional, office and organizational levels. Personally engage in customer activities and lead from the forefront.
- Manage resource requests and assign local and international staff.
- Orchestrate and provide direction on the supporting of marketing campaigns.
- Be a proactive and member of the local and regional management teams. Source strong candidates, ensure efficient ramp-up and integration of new staff.
- Create a safe learning environment, which preserves a sense of urgency, intensity, and accountability while facilitating a constructive and collaborative communication culture.
- Serve as a role model for the company’s core values and for establishing credibility internally and externally.
- A Bachelor’s or Master degree and 7 years of professional work experience is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- Knowledge of the R&D function, development of hardware and software
- Understanding the value of technical software solutions is desirable
- Proficient in coaching direct reports. Customer and business savy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and preferably in Dutch.